The first real professional grade string changing tool for luthiers and musicians.
LARGE - This most versatile size fits Grover Rotomatic, full size Schaller, most classical and other "standard" large guitar tuner buttons. (It won't fit really big ones that are over 7/8” wide, such as the Grover Imperial, nor will it fit really thick ones,e.g., planetary style banjo peg buttons.)
MEDIUM – for Waverly and Grover butter bean tuner buttons, and other smaller sizes, including vintage guitars and many mandolins.
SMALL – The dedicated mandolin string crank. It won’t fit guitar buttons, but it’s the one you’ll want especially for the “F” style where headstock and tuner clearance can be an issue.
The cranks fit tuner buttons closely, and that's an important part of their utility:
1. Seven-degree offset angle for the handle to mimic wrist action and make the winder track more accurately.
2. Full-length bearing in the handle for stability.
3. Close fit on the tuner button - again, for stability.
4. Soft, resilient head to help avoid scratching sensitive finishes, even if it does make contact.
5. The heft of a real tool because it's made of aluminum, brass, steel and wood.
If you'd like more information, please call me at the shop: 650-493-2131
Choose from four colors:
GREEN & PURPLE
ORANGE & BLACK
Each string winder crank comes with a nice velvet gift/gig bag
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I really do make these myself in small batches from raw materials, so availability will continue to be limited. When a size is temporarily sold out, the pull-down choice won't be available in the "Select an Option" box above. That means I'll be working to get some ready as soon as I can.
For shipment outside USA, please contact the shop directly by telephone (650-493-2131) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org